[Zope-CMF] broken newsbox in CMF1.2

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:37:52 +0100

Tom Hoffman writes:
 > On Sat, 2002-02-23 at 07:45, Dieter Maurer wrote:
 > > Tom Hoffman writes:
 > >  > On Thu, 2002-02-21 at 16:24, Dieter Maurer wrote:
 > >  > > ...
 > >  > I've narrowed down my problems with Zope 2.5 and CMF 1.2 to
 > >  > "portal_catalog.searchResult" not working with anonymous or
 > >  > non-administrative (or owner?) users.
 > > I cannot believe this...
 > >
 > Thanks for the feedback, Dieter.
 >
 > Didn't make much sense to me either, so maybe I'm wrong.  Here's the
 > situation.
 >
 > My news listing on the front page of my site doesn't work since going to
 > CMF1.2 and Zope2.5.  I just get "No news is no news."  The situation is
 > the same with the default news_box and recent_news methods.
 >
 > An anonymous user or non-administrative user can directly go to the
 > published news items.
 >
 > An administrative user gets the correct news listing.
 >
 > If I give permission to access inactive portal content to anonymous and
 > authenticated users, it works.
 >
 > I reindexed the portal_catalog, but that didn't have any effect.
When you copy portal content (either copy locally or export/import)
the workflow state changes to the initial state.

In the initial state ("visible but not searchable"), you can visit
the content but it is not searchable via the catalog (unless you
have special permissions).

Check the objects' review state...

Dieter