[Zope-CMF] RE: your posting on Zope-CMF

Norman Khine khine@bmpublications.co.uk
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:37:40 -0000

Hi Siegfried,
Not a problem, I have asked that way before.

You need to create your own new type in the portal types based on the
default document
type, change the metatype to the one you need "SiegfriedType". This is the
way I overcome my problem

A good example will be the PortalPoll tutorial as per
http://cmf.zope.org/Members/davew/PortalStuff/preAlphaPortalPollTutorial/vie

But I am afraid I have not yet found a way to add additional Elements to an
already existing Portal Type and for these to be available in to the
metadata_edit_form, perhaps somebody on the list has done this.

Regards

Norman