[Zope-CMF] portal_catalog doesn't know about local roles ?

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:33:48 -0500

Gitte Wange wrote:

 > I have a lot of objects where I have given other members the privilege to edit
 > them ... The local role I have assigned to them is Journalist. When querying
 > the catalog for these objects (as the user with the local role) it doens't
 > find them.
 >
 > I digged into the code and found that the catalog only list the allowed
 > permissions for users who have the role assigned to them not by local
 > roles. (the member.getRoles() function doesn't return local roles).
 >
 > Shouldn't you be able to query the catalog for items you are allowed to view
 > by being granted local roles ?

You *can* query the catalog for such objects, but only if you
had the local role *at the time the object was indexed*;  the
'allowedRolesAndUsers' index stores both role names and user
IDs of the users who had 'View' permission on the object when
it was indexed.

Tres.--