[Zope-CMF] Re: CMFImageDoc broken in CMF 1.2?

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 17:54:24 -0000

click to zoom? I didn't know you could do that?

> and Tres wrote :
>
> CMF's Images have two advantages over stock OFS.Image.Image:  they
> are searchable using the standard metadata, and they can be managed
> within the CMF folder UI.

...plus of course Workflow

CMF-images are great if you want your images to "stand alone" in some way -
like a Photo Album. But if you're just embedding them in webpage Documents,
the Workflow in particular can be a pain (and you don't usually need them to
be searchable separately from their parent document). The extra step of
publishing each image is just too many clicks for users on slow modems! (We
don't use STX, we use a WYSIWYG editor)

Up to now I've used CMF-images, but as I'm rewriting, I just wondered if
anyone else had experienced the same problem and come up with a better
solution? ImageDoc seems more user-friendly, but limited to only one image

Also, if you're using something like Dreamweaver via FTP/WebDAV to upload
your pages, having to then go into CMF and publish all the different
elements is a chore :-)

Is it possible to create a different workflow for documents/images added by
WebDAV?

Maybe I could create an "Embedded Image" type - is it possible to have a
portal-type without making it catalog and workflow-aware?

Just considering the possibilities :-)

Cheers, Jon