[Zope-CMF] DCWorkflow question ...

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 21:47:34 +0100

Lynn Walton writes:
 > I'd like to have an email generated when someone submits a certain type
 > of content object for review. I'm using an instance of DCWorkflow's
 > classic workflow but am adding a script for the submit transition. The
 > script  is a dtml method that just uses dtml-sendmail. My question is
 > what information about the submitted object is available to me to access
 > inside that dtml method, and how do I go about accessessing it?
I would not use a DTML method directly.

DCWorkflow calls its scripts with a single positional argument, a
StateChangeInformation object. The DTML object will interpret
is as "client", which probably is not the right thing.

I expect that your DTML object will not be able to access its
context, as StateChangeInfo objects are probably not acquisition
wrapped.

I would use a Python Script and call the DTML objects from this
script with appropriate parameters.

Dieter