[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.2, adding new metadata-element

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 20:13:43 -0500

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Antwan Reijnen writes:
>  > I have difficulties adding a new default metadata-element with the portal metadata tool. After adding a new element, and creating a new content object, I cannot access this new element. It seems it is not there. Should I perform some initialisation / registration of the new metadata-element? How?
> It might be necessary to modify the skins accordingly...

The metadata tool does not (yet, at least) have the responsibility
for managing the storage of metadata;  the underlying class of the
content type still needs to do this.  The tool's current job is
merely to manage the policies applied to the element (whether required,
default / allowed values, etc.)

I have pondered indirecting the storage of the attributes back
through the tool, but it hasn't been critical enough a need yet.

You could probably write Python Scripts which used 'manage_addProperty'
and 'manage_changeProperty' on your content elements to store values
on their "default" property sheets.