[Zope-CMF] Demo types that implement portal_metadata?

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 09:51:09 -0500

Francis Potter wrote:

> Has anyone developed a Content Type that implements the verification and
> default-setting capabilities of the metadata tool? It seems like it
> shouldn't be too hard to have a mix-in class that implements these
> functions. The fact that the default classes don't do it implies that it
> might be difficult. If someone has done it, please share. Thanks.
>
> (Otherwise, what's the tool for?)

Content classes probably shouldn't try to enforce site-specific
policies, as they become brittle and hard to reuse.  The tool
is actually designed in anticipation that sites which want to
enforce the metadata policies will do so via customized skins.
We could look at setting a site-wide property for this, and
causing the various "stock" skins to check this property and
then invoke the tool if it is set.