[Zope-CMF] allowed member ids

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
28 Jan 2002 15:01:14 +0000

On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 14:40, Tres Seaver wrote:
> seb bacon wrote:
>
> > The CMF Registration tool is configured to disallow member ids starting
> > with a digit (the regexp is "[A-Za-z][A-Za-z0-9_]*").
> >
> > Why?  I need to allow this, but I don't want to break anything else.
>
> It's just a policy;  for now, you will need to create a derived
>
> tool to override it (we expect that registration policies are some
> of the most site-specific things around).

OK, so is it purely illustrative.  In that case, would it not be better
to *allow* digits as the first character in a username, seeing as this
restriction is neither documented in the UI, nor has any obvious
justification?  I'm just thinking that as an example CMF implementation,
it would be best if CMFDefault offers no surprises.

> We might generalize the existing tool to permit entry of the pattern
> in the ZMI;  I am not sanguine about the usability of this, however,
> for non-programmers.

A TTW regex builder is needed for this, I think.  That is something for
which I've had a requirement previously, but have skipped because it
seemed quite thorny.

seb