[Zope-CMF] How to get Type in manage_afterAdd?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 20:32:43 +0100

Jon Edwards writes:
 > I've created a new product - "organisation", which has a property
 > "org_type", which I set in manage_afterAdd by doing -
 >
 >       self.org_type = self.portal_type
 >
 > - which then gets catalogued. Works fine for the basic product, but if I use
 > the Portal Types tool to make a new type "Hospital", using "organisation" as
 > the underlying default type, it should use "Hospital" as the "org_type".
The mailing list archives (--> Google search) report about a similar
problem for workflows. Tres found a solution for the workflow problem,
but I cannot remember how he did it (--> mailing list archives!).

Dieter