[Zope-CMF] Re: [Zope] How to share CMF-Skins

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 12:30:26 -0800

You can also choose to get the same sort of sharing behavior staying
inside of the management interface if you wish.

We have a similar situation on one of our sites, and simply removed all
but the custom folder in the portal_skins for sites below the root.

If the skins are unique to the site, and not shared with other CMF Sites
then we'll place them in the local portal_skins -> custom folder. If
they are to be shared, the dtml documents, methods, scripts and what
have you are placed in the root portal_skins -> custom folder.

We use transparent folders to keep things straight when making changes
to any of the items.

That works pretty well for us.

~C

--