[Zope-CMF] LazyFilter and Effective Dates

John Morton jwm@plain.co.nz
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 13:48:13 +1200

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 20:19, Jon Edwards wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Is it posible to make the "View" method into a WorkflowMethod? ...or
> rather, is it sensible? I'm still learning Workflow, and that's a question
> that has occurred to me a couple of times.

It should be.

> I'm not sure if that's appropriate in this use-case, but I can think of a
> few others where it is - e.g. urgent Tracker issues are sent to the
> worklist of suitably qualified members (I'm working with Doctor's
> practices), and you want to change it from "unread" state to "read" when
> one of those people has viewed the issue.

That sounds like the right idea. Wrap 'view' as a WorkflowMethod, and set
up a transtion that either moves the content from 'unread' to 'read', or
stays in state and updates a variable that default to 'unread', as it sounds
like that kind of information is less like a state and more like a flag of
some sort.

John