[Zope-CMF] Product registration error in registerDirectory for directory with open permissions

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Tue, 02 Jul 2002 00:37:32 -0700

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002 22:58:02 +0200
Dieter Maurer <dieter@handshake.de> wrote:

> Are you sure that all components down to "caltopic" are searchable
> (have the "x" permission bit for the Zope user)?

Good guess, but it turned out that I had a prior error in the
__init__.py.  Ahh well.  Thanks.

Next question is how skins for products are managed, or more exactly,
how acquisition works for them?

  I have a product: CalTopic.  The CalTopic directory tree looks
  something like:

    .../CalTopic
    .../CalTopic/skins
    .../CalTopic/skins/caltopic

  In .../caltopic I have a variety of dtml methods used for the various
  forms etc for the product (its based off CMFTopic FWLIW).  The problem
  is that despite the factory pointing to the names of the new DTML
  methods, and them matching the filenames in .../caltopic, they don't
  seem to be being found.

I register the directory in my__init__.py:

  registerDirectory( 'skins/caltopic', globals() )

But I get:

   Sorry, the requested resource does not exist.

  Check the URL and try again.

  Resource: http://alice.kanga.nu:9673/KangaNuSite/CalTopic1/caltopic_edit_form

What might I be missing?

--