[Zope-CMF] plone: send mail to all members

Jan Ulrich Hasecke janulrich.hasecke@web.de
Wed, 03 Jul 2002 22:21:18 +0200

Dieter Maurer <dieter@handshake.de> writes:

> You ask the Membership tool for a list of member ids,
> get their email addresses and use the <dtml-send> tag inside
> a <dtml-in> tag to send them the message.
>
> Drawback: your mail system will be a bit stressed, as it is
> told to send n single messages.
>
> You can try to send a single message to all members with
> one <dtml-send> tag. However, the will expose all member email
> addresses.
>
> Finally, you can directly use the MailHosts "send" method
> and send the message to all members with a
> "To: UndiclosedRecipients" header.

Thanks for your hints. I think my idea is not very clever.

Perhaps the better way is to link the member registration of the
portal with a subscribe-message to mailman so that all portal members
are at the same time members of a mailinglist to which new portal
articles or their urls are send. So all I have to do is to send one
message via MailHost to the mailinglist which can be moderated so that
I can control the message before final sending.

Ciao!
juh

--
Zum Tode von Ignatz Bubis