[Zope-CMF] Re: [RFC] modification date

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 08:45:56 -0700

Florent,

After looking at CMFCatalogAware, I'm in agreement but do have a
comment.

Should the change effect indexObject() as well? Its called when
adding an object - as part of manage_afterAdd() for example - and
could be the first time the modification_date is set. If not..
we'll have 'orphan' objects when users have stopped in the middle
processing, which do not have modification_date set.

~C

On Thursday, July 4, 2002, at 03:36  AM, zope-cmf-request@zope.org
wrote:

> Message: 9
> To: zope-cmf@zope.org
> From: Florent Guillaume <fg@nuxeo.com>
> Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 10:10:59 +0000 (UTC)
> Subject: [Zope-CMF] [RFC] modification date
>
> I want to change in CVS the treatment of the modification date to make
> it not rely on bobobase_modification_time, using the following
> idea from
> Carl Rendell:
>
>> Ideally the attribute would be modified each time the reindexObject()
>> was called on the object, right?
>
> I think it would work very well: in CMFCatalogAware's reindexObject, if
> the object has a modification_date attribute, then update it. In
> DublinCore, use modification_date instead of falling back on
> bobobase_modification_time.
>
> Comments ?
>
> Florent

Carl E. Rendell
Solution43
Information Distribution Consulting        |   "Ahhhh the power of
cer@sol43.com                              |    acquisition"  - Chef Z