[Zope-CMF] Variables/Scripts help

Ryan P. de Vega rpd4972@hbu.edu
Mon, 08 Jul 2002 10:01:12 -0500

I am having a hard time finding any documentation related to the portal
workflow variables and scripts tabs (and the objects contained in them).
Here is what I really need to know:

- how are "variables" used in CMF?
- what "expressions" can be used to call on these new variables from other
CMF objects (ie. transitions, states)?  Put another way - what do I put in
the "expressions" boxes?
- what can be called on from my new variables?
- how are the scripts used in CMF?
- is python pretty much the only way to go with scripts? - examples within
CMF scope?

I really am trying to differentiate between user roles by using variables
or scripts (ie. having transitions only show on the CMF portal for the
person that the transition is pending on - applies up through a
hierarchical approval process).

Also, does anyone know the secret "trick" to get the defined permissions
within each state to actually work?  I have tried to figure this out with
and without using permission acquisition - still a no go.  It is almost as
if the defined permissions within the states are completely ignored.

Yes, these may be newbie questions, but beside that fact, I am stuck and I
need help.  Please let me know where I can find examples, documentation,
or discussions on this issue; or even better if you can help me, please
do.  Pretty much anything pertaining to these issues would help at this
point!  Thanks!

Sincerely,
Ryan de Vega
rdevega@hbu.edu