[Zope-CMF] New with Zope - Looking for Practice

mcolli@SyscomCipher.com.ar mcolli@SyscomCipher.com.ar
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 12:07:53 -0300

Hi Robert,

Writing an example using a text file, if I open the Python Shell, I can not
call it.

I have the three >>>

Where do I need to place the file.py created in order to call it from the
Python shell?

Thanks again .
Regards
Mariela

                    "Robert
                    Rottermann"          To:     <zope-cmf@zope.org>,
                    <robert@redco        <mcolli@SyscomCipher.com.ar>
                    r.ch>                cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: [Zope-CMF] New with Zope -
                    zope-cmf-admi        Looking for Practice
                    n@zope.org

                    06/07/2002
                    03:52

Hi Mariela,
there are a number of ways to do so:

The easiest one is probably to download wing ide from www.wingide.com
This is an integrated environment with a very nice editor and debugger.
You get a 30 day trial or there is also a light version that is for free.

Then there is active python from www.activestate.com. It is for free and
has
also an integrated
editor/debugger but I like it fare less.

I myself use (next to wing ide) an editor (mew32 from www.multiedit.com)
This is a very
powerful all purpose editor which has a nice python module that let you
edit/compile python easily. No breakpoints and tracing though.

And of course you can use just any text editor that produces plain ASCII
text. You then write a file.py
and call it like so:
python file.py

hope this helps.