[Zope-CMF] Buttons to manage the member area are missing!

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
08 Jul 2002 11:35:41 -0400

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 04:34, Luthiger Juerg wrote:
> After joining a test CMF-Site and successfully logged in as member, the
> buttons to manage the own workspace are missing: only View and Undo are
> available!
>
> I checked the role settings: role Member is set. After adding role Owner the
> buttons are displayed, but I had control over stuff I was not the owner.
>
> What is wrong? Can someone give me a hint or is it a bug?
>
> I'm using CVS CMF as of 07/06/02 with Zope2.5.1 on WinXP.

The default setting for the "create member area" flag on the
'portal_membership' tool is off;  recent checkins cause the tool
to respect that setting.

To work around this, visit the tool in the ZMI and click its "Turn
folder creation on" button.

We should change the default value to be on;  can you please file a
collector issue about this at:

  http://collector.zope.org/CMF