[Zope-CMF] Localizing Products, wait for Zope 2.x ?

Rainer Thaden Rainer Thaden <thadi@gmx.de>
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 15:46:07 +0200

Hi,

i developped some file system based products for the CMF to deal with
employees, research projects, publications etc, and almost everything
seems to work fine. I use ZPT for the presentation.
We want to have our website in different languages (de, en).

Do you think i should wait for the release of a new Zope version which
supports i18n (seems to be 2.7) or should i start now using the
Localizer product?
Is there anyone having experiences in using Localizer in FS based
products? It seems, there have been some changes in that product
recently. I know the tutorial on www.nuxeo.org, but maybe someone has
found some interesting facts argueing for or against Localizer.

Anyway, what about Zope 3? Do i have to re-programme (or at least
change) all my products or will they be compatible?
As I understood, there will be no CMF anymore as it is integrated in
Zope 3.

--
Regards,
 Rainer                          mailto:thadi@gmx.de