[Zope-CMF] Portal Search Returns Everything + Deleted Documentstoo

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 20:44:58 +0200

Chris Withers writes:
 > Tres Seaver wrote:
 > > No.  The logic here is that search criteria define a "subtractive
 > > filter";
 > > omitting to define any criteria thus creates a "pass-all"
 > > filter.  This behavior is the "normal" way of processing ZCatalog
 > > results;
 >
 > ...although it's not normal for anyone I've ever spoken to who's trying to do a
 > search...
You did not speak with me :-)

As often, I have a very different opion than you have...

   When I search "text = Chris; date > 2002-07-10", I implicitly mean
   "and the subqueries" not "or the subqueries";
   each subquery defines a restriction on the documents I want to see
   - a subtractive filter.

   When I do not specify any restrictions, I expect to get everything...

Dieter