[Zope-CMF] CMF Usabiltiy

alan runyan alan@runyaga.com
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 01:49:37 -0500 (CDT)

> This is a feature I too wanted, and my solution was to
> to give every object a unique object ID (new metadata field) which
> get's updated if the object is cloned. This Object ID is then
> catalogued, and then content which needs links uses the object Id plus
> a retrieval method. This way doc's can move anywhere and no broken
> links.
>
> Also allows work out which documents/content link to a particular
> document easily (search body text or some other attribute in the
> catalog) for the object ID.

It could be because its 2AM.  Or the fact I've drank way too much
Abita beer.  Or the fact that I'm in New Orleans and the humidity has
rotted my brain.  But I dont quite understand how this system works. ;(

you can move images/files around and the documents would be using some sort
of indirection instead of pointing specifically to the physical path
in the ZODB for these image/file objects?

this sounds very intersting.  I just dont get it ;(

~runyaga
p.s. I will re-read in the morning.  I just am finding the explanation
very very terse