[Zope-CMF] Workflow and zcatalog and zclasses

S Haldar shaldar11@yahoo.com
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 15:12:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,I have been able to get the zclass property
values  listed in the worklist listing.  It was about
accessing the actual objects through the "brain"
objects returned by portal_catalog.

Used the "getObject()" method to get the actual
object. The beehive book was great!

Now the second part of the problem -- I want to sort
the portal search results by a property value,
district wise. What's the best approach?I tried the
following two - and came up with some problems:

1. Sorting the results when I make the
portal_catalog() call. Is there any way to sort the
objects by zclass properties when I do a
portal_catalog call?

2. Creating new metadata that can be used for sorting.
Is there any way to define your own metadata when you
programatically create zclass objects.

Regards,Susmit