[Zope-CMF] User Folders in CMF

Kevin Carlson khcarlso@bellsouth.net
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 23:02:12 -0400

Alvin,

I had the same question when I first started using the CMF.  I used
DCWorkflow to automatically move the items from the members folder to
another folder depending upon what document type the user had created.

What you need to be able to do this is a custom script attached to a
transition within a workflow.  Search the zope.org site for DCWorkflow
documentation -- if you need an example of the script, please let me know
and I will send it to you.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-cmf-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-cmf-admin@zope.org]On Behalf
Of Alvin Obed
Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2002 9:36 PM
To: zope-cmf@zope.org
Subject: [Zope-CMF] User Folders in CMF

I'm still quite new to Zope / CMF, so I apologize in advance if my questions
have already been asked and answered.  Zope is very powerful, however I have
had a hard time trying to find the appropriate information for me to
continue.

I would like to have a series of standard folders, like Products, Articles,
etc and publish items only within these folders.  At the moment, it seems
that each user have their own folders, and hence the URL to access material
published is /UserFolder/Document/.

Ideally, it would be great that if a logged in author has the ability to
select a folder (i.e. one of my standard ones), from a directory tree prior
to creating a document.

I imagine the above is possible in Zope - is there any documentation or
products that I can have a look at with the above implemented?

Thanks guys,
Alvin.