[Zope-CMF] Zope behind Apache

Bert Vanderbauwhede Bert.Vanderbauwhede@rug.ac.be
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 08:50:16 +0200 (MEST)

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, P Kirk wrote:

> I moved Zope's port from 80 to 8080 and gave it /tmp/zope.soc
> as opposed to just -w 80.
>
> Being a bear of little brain, I couldn't make the proxy stuff work.
>
> I moved everything back.
>
> Couldn't login at all.  Reran zpasswd.  Removed the zope.soc stuff.
>
> Zope restarts.  I login. My ACL user list is empty as are two test sites
> I was using to learn zope.  One of them had a lot of stuff in it I don't
> have copies of anywhere else.

This sounds bad.

> Where is my content gone?  Surely moving port doesn't result in total
> data loss?  What do I need to do see to it again?

Changing the port definitely shouldn't result in data loss. Was everything
OK when you moved Zope behind Apache? Have you you checked the size of the
database (var/Data.fs)? If you move Zope back behind Apache, can you see
your user folder and sites? If this is the case, you can do an export of
your stuff.

Bert Vanderbauwhede...
---
"Age. Fac ut gaudeam."