[Zope-CMF] Newbie observation: CMF-site default skins

P Kirk patrick@enterprise-hr.com
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:04:46 +0100

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 02:47:34PM -0500, Jeffrey_Franks@i-o.com wrote:

Hi Jeffrey,

Everyone who tries Zope comes up against the fact that you have no
documentation that's reliable.  For example, the examples in the
documentation on cmf.zope.org seem to relate to an earlier release which
has dtml that is not in the present releases.

The problem is, who is going to bust a gut doucmenting a product that is
evolving as fast as CMF?  Any work risks quick obsolescence.  And CMF
needs to do an awful lot of evolving so the problem won't go away.  In
effect, we get it for free but pay for it with time - in my case I've
more time than money so that's OK ;-)

Patrick