[Zope-CMF] Newbie: Actions box.

John Morton jwm@plain.co.nz
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:57:26 +1200

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 22:05, John Gilbertson wrote:
> installing DCworkflow, and managing to build a working workflow with an
> extra level or approval before publishing (submit->approve->publish),
> everything works pretty well for a first effort.
>
> However, I cannot find the right file to customise to make it so that a
> person who is able to publish an approved item, has an item in the
> actions box saysing "Pending publishing (1)" or some such.. the approver
> gets one saying there's items pendng review, just not the person who can
> publish. If the person with the publisher role goes to the "Folder
> contents" screen, and selects the item which has been approved, there is
> a publish link in the menu and everything works. Is there a simple line
> or two which can be added to whichever zpt file to make it show items in
> the approved stage?

What you want is a work list action, which are defined in the Worklists tab
in your workflow object. I suggest you have a look in the preliminary help
documentation I've written for a full discussion as there are some gotchas to
consider depending on the other sorts of workflows and roles you might want
to set up. There's a patched DCworkflow with the documentation here:

 http://www.zope.org/Members/jwm/DCworkflow-0.4.2-help.tgz

John