[Zope-CMF] Mounted storage and member folders

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 09:46:42 -0400

Looking for advice.

I'm planning a CMF site that will be used by experimental aircraft builders.. Hence a lot
of pictures will be uploaded by each member.

Eventually, I will want to distribute the "site" on CDROM, or allow individual members to
"copy" their own member folder in some way.

Rather than ending up with a single gigantic ZODB, is it reasonable/practical to use
mounted storage with CMF so that each members folder is a mounted storage object?

If I do this, I could have 300+ of these member folders, (all served through ZEO).

Can ZCatalog handle this correctly? Will this work, is it advisable?

Thanks for comments.

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
AOL-IM: BKClements