[Zope-CMF] ActionsTool limitations

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:55:05 +0200

alan runyan writes:
 > we need to have categories divorced from 'what context we are checking the
 > permission against'.  so one possible ugly hack is to have a
 > permission_context which would be one of 'folder,object,portal'.  this would
 > need to be on each action.  this way we could say, 'my category uses object
 > to determines its permission settings' or uses folder context to determine
 > its permission settings.
Maybe an even better approach would be the introduction of
a "category" registry.

It would allow the definition of new categories with "Name",
"Description", "Context" and maybe other properties.

The ActionProviders could use the registry to have a
category select box rather than a free form string input.

Dieter