[Zope-CMF] Copy/Paste Workflow Bug?

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
18 Jul 2002 12:14:41 -0400

On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 19:04, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I was migration an old site this weekend, and after copying all the object
> from the old to the new site, i noticed that most of them lost the workflow
> state.
>
> I tried to reproduce the bug, and this is what happens:
>
>   * Cut object, paste on another folder -> workflow state is kept.
>   * Copy object, paste on same folder -> workflow state is lost for new
> object.
>   * Copy object, paste on another folder -> workflow state is lost for new
> object.
>
> Alan told me that this should have been fixed a while ago, and i remeber the
> thread, but i cant remember the solution. He also mentioned that maybe
> something was appending to review_workflow or workflow_history, and removing
> the last item there would fix it, but i couldnt find the relation to
> copy/paste.

"Copy + paste" creates a "new" object, which does not retain the
workflow history of the source object.  "Cut + paste" moves the object,
and shouldn't therefore wipe out its history (it used to add a new
"initial" state record to the history, by accident;  we fixed that since
1.2).

If you really want copied items to be in the same workflow state as the
source object, then you will likely need to customize the 'folder_paste'
skin method to achieve this, perhaps by calling an external method.