[Zope-CMF] Catalog Schema Changed? (was: Re: [Plone-developers] Problem adding a Collector to my Plone site)

sidnei@x3ng.com.br sidnei@x3ng.com.br
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:04:22 -0300

Citando alan runyan <runyaga@runyaga.com>:

> Jeff.
>
> the newer versions of ZCatalog do not add 'id' columns to ZCatalog's.  today
> sidnei made it so that ZCatalogs
> add the id property to index and metadata.  but you are using a older
> version of ZCatalog and sidnei most likely did not
> check to see if this property already exists.
>
> sidnei - please look at this.

What a mess! Something must be very wrong here. Are you using Zope2.5.1 with CMF
and Plone from CVS? This worked fine to me.

Here's what i changed:
http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/CMFCollector/Collector.py.diff?r1=1.33&r2=1.34

The collector_catalog is a subclass of Catalog Tool, and the Catalog Tool
constructs an instance by iterating through the schema and adding columns and
indexes. If we are not sure about *what version* of CMF/Zope stopped adding the
id column, i think that we must make the catalog creation more aware of the
errors that can happen. (like, a column that already exists.

Jeff: Please confirm the version of Zope/CMF/Plone that you are using.

--
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher)
sidnei@x3ng.com.br