[Zope-CMF] Wokflow and roles question

Pawel Lewicki lewicki@provider.pl
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 00:26:45 +0200

Hallo,

I have a problem with my workflow design. The issue is to distribute the
objects among users with a specific role. I want them to know that there are
some new elements to check (like Pending(3) for reviewers). Is there any way
to set the state of the object separately for each user or I have to create
the instances for all? In that case each should have some kind of
repository - but then all play with workflow is not necessary - I would just
check the specific folder. I want to create the instance (copy) only for
those users who are interested. Any suggestions?

And I would be glad to know the opinion about my solution about roles
management. The issue is to have dynamic roles depending on the office
structure. I made the simple mechanism to create/delete roles and set/unset
those to specific users. Everything is based on local roles of the root
folder of the portal. I wonder how to separate them from unchangeable roles
like a member. For now I just remove it from list of roles to add/delete.
Any suggestions?

Pawel Lewicki