[Zope-CMF] CMF version migration

Jeffrey_Franks@i-o.com Jeffrey_Franks@i-o.com
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:23:31 -0500

Hi,

We have a multi-CMF site prototyped, and it looks very good.

We're about to turn loose content creators.

My concern is that sooner or later, we are going to want to
update all 7 CMF sites to the next best stuff and am wondering
how painful those kinds of migrations are.

Right now, we're using Zope 2.5.1 and CMF-1.3-beta1.

Understanding that Zope and CMF are moving targets,
what kind of problem might we be looking at in the future when
we have 7 CMF sites full of stuff and need to migrate to a
newer version?

BTW: This question would not even come up if it were not for the
     fact that this investigation into using Zope has turned out
     great beyond our wildest expectations!!

-- jlf