[Zope-CMF] ActionsTool limitations

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 19:02:29 +0200

In <003401c22d71$09a8d890$0401a8c0@DELILLO> Alan writes:
> we need to have categories divorced from 'what context we are checking the
> permission against'.  so one possible ugly hack is to have a
> permission_context which would be one of 'folder,object,portal'.  this would
> need to be on each action.  this way we could say, 'my category uses object
> to determines its permission settings' or uses folder context to determine
> its permission settings.

I've checked this in: if your category starts with 'folder' it's in the
context of the folder, and with 'object' or 'workflow' it's in the
context of the object. Otherwise the portal.

So a category of 'folder_buttons' would work for plone.

I've not used 'local' as a prefix because it's not very clear if local
means local to the object or the folder or...

HTH,

Florent