[Zope-CMF] Nested CMF Sites

Heeten H Choxi hhc22@drexel.edu
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 13:43:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hey guys,

Here's an example of what I'm trying to do (what I'm really doing is
different, but easier to explain in this context)

Let's say we have a company, that consits of different departments,
which consists of different groups.  What I want to be able to do is
get each of these different peices working together to form an
intergrated site.

What I was thinking of doing was have a setup like this:
company_portal/department_portal/group_portal

Then, inside of each of these portals I would create my own products
and such that belong in them.

I'm wondering why this won't work, and if it would be possible to write
patches to CMF that allowed it to work?  Basically, each site would be
treated as a seperate site, except when using my own custom methods
that may have them interact with each other.  (ie move something from
the group_portal workflow to the department_portal workflow)

I'm willing to (actually planing to) also subclass the CMFProducts.
Another funky thing I need to be able to do is create projects, which
would consit of different groups.  I was planing on using aquisition
t5o that groups can aquire stuff from the project they belong to, but
so that it'd be possible to change the project they belong to as needed.

Thanks for everything.
Heeten