[Zope-CMF] Actions can have duplicate Ids?

John Morton jwm@plain.co.nz
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 19:06:14 +1200

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 17:24, Chris Withers wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just noticed that actions can have duplicate ids.
>
> Is this a bad thing?
>
> What are action ids used for now anyway?
> Can we get rid of them? They just seem to be confusing...

They're useful for identifying the thru-the-web ones, like workflow
transitions and worklists in DCWorkflow. I expect the ids are unique
in those contexts, but it would be a nuisance to try and implement a
great big action id space, and even more confusing and annoying to use.

On the other hand, dumping ids for the actions that aren't defined via ZMI
would mean that some actions have ids and some don't, which isn't good,
either.

Just how bad are action ids, really?

John