[Zope-CMF] more Plone installations problems ... and solutions.

Romain Slootmaekers romain@zzict.com
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:34:54 +0200

Yo,
plone (version 1.0a) does not work out of the box on XP.
We use Zope 2.5.1b1 and CMF1.3beta1 as installbase.

when trying to instantiate a Plone site, we get attribute errors,
the problem is that the _cloneActions attribute is not present.
I modified the "customize method in the DefaultCustomizationPolicy to
check first if the attribute is present

basically:

(line 26) if hasattr(dt,'_cloneActions'): // check first.
             dt_actions=dt._cloneActions()
             for a in dt_actions:
                 if a.id=='reply': a.visible=0
             dt._actions=dt_actions

The same type of check was added a few times further down the method as
well.

At this point, we have instantiated a plone site, and tried some stuff
and everything seems to work. (cross my fingers)

have fun,

Sloot.