[Zope-CMF] external method with file as parameter

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 21:56:54 +0200

Kristina Quimson Buenafe writes:
 > I am using Windows, is the current working directory C:/Program
 > Files/myZope?
I do not work under Windows. Therefore, I am not sure.

  When you start Zope via "start[.bat]", then the current working
  directory is where you start "start". This is usually the folder
  containing "start.bat".

  When you start Zope as a service, I expect you can specify
  the working directory. Again, it will probably where your
  "start.bat" lives.

 > If I would like to use a file that is in my CMF site, how
 > would I reference it?
It is a file in the file system?

  If not, you would not use "open" at all.
  If yes, you must either provide the path from your working
  directory to the file, something like "lib\python\Products\CMFDefault\skins\...",
  or the absolute path to your file.

Dieter