[Zope-CMF] Publishing folders

Andy Bramah andybramah@cantab.net
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:08:22 +0100 (BST)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your help - I think that means I can't run
folders through workflow. Like you say, I am using
CMF1.3b2. And hopefully I'm now out of HTML...!

To make folders work with workflow, I've looked at
making a new ZClass which extends various suitable
objects - but it seems I'd have to shoe-horn it
together to avoid clashing methods.

Now, I don't like doing this as I'd like my products
to be forward compatible - the great thing about CMF
is that each time there's a release, it usually seems
to solve the big problem you had with it last release!

However, I see all over CMF discussions the problem
with trying to make folders behave like other site
content, like documents. People seem to be constantly
trying to make them behave like portal content -
CMFArticle is an example of this.

Does anyone know the reason for making folders some
sort of special CMF type - why can't they be portal
content like everything else? CMFArticles etc would be
much simpler to implement.

No particular help required - maybe there's a very
good reason for the difference - but I'd love to know
it...!

Inquisitive,
Andy.

 --- Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com> wrote: > Hi
Andy,

> Please don't post in HTML, it means I don't get any
> quoted text in NS 4.7 so it's
> difficult to put answers in context.
>
> What version of CMF are you using?
>
> There was a bug in 1.3b2 whereby Folders were taking
> part in workflow when they shouldn't
> have been.
> I believe this has now been fixed, could you give
> the latest CVS of the CMF a go:
>
> http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/CMF.tar.gz?tarball=1
>
> ?
>
> cheers,