[Zope-CMF] external method with file as parameter

Kristina Quimson Buenafe kqb7a@virginia.edu
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:01:37 -0400

>  > I am using Windows, is the current working directory C:/Program
>  > Files/myZope?
> I do not work under Windows. Therefore, I am not sure.

Does anyone out there who works under Windows know what the default current
working directory is?

>   When you start Zope via "start[.bat]", then the current working
>   directory is where you start "start". This is usually the folder
>   containing "start.bat".
>
>   When you start Zope as a service, I expect you can specify
>   the working directory. Again, it will probably where your
>   "start.bat" lives.

I have Zope running as a service, and tried putting "test.txt" in the same
directory as "start.bat" (C:/Program Files/myZope) and also in C:/Program
Files/myZope/Extensions but the external method still doesn't work.

>  > If I would like to use a file that is in my CMF site, how
>  > would I reference it?
> It is a file in the file system?
>
>   If not, you would not use "open" at all.
>   If yes, you must either provide the path from your working
>   directory to the file, something like
"lib\python\Products\CMFDefault\skins\...",
>   or the absolute path to your file.

Would this be like
"externalMethod('lib\python\Products\CMFDefault\skins\...')"?

thanks,
Kristina