[Zope-CMF] Q) About development process for python based product

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 17:28:21 -0500

> http://www.zope.org/Members/eenge/CMFBoringContent
>
> and basically take it from there.

I also suggest the CMFCalendar module that has the Event object.

> -> also learn how to debug Zope stuff from inside the IDE,
> instead of just cucu-debugging your stuff.
> (use a good IDE, like komodo and try
> http://www.zope.org/Members/andym/KomodoDebugging
> )
>
> BTW,The IDE will also help you with SCCS stuff.

get ZEO configured.  this way you can start up a interactive python shell
and manipulate the ZODB.

> -> set your products to 'auto-refresh' while developing, so you don't
> need to restart your product all the time.

yes.. refresh.txt file needs to be in your products folder

> -> build test cases for automated testing. Personally, I hate to
> manually go through some test scenario clicking all over the place a
> zillion times a day,
> I just code the test scenario, and that takes 1 hour of coding , and 1
> click/test-run.

testing comes in all sorts of shapes and sizes.  there are unit tests
available for CMF.

> If you have good software development skills, you'll be able to
> get the hang of it within a day or so.

yes, but you have to get your environment setup.

ZEO is very helpful, I recommned -
http://www.zope.org/Members/dshaw/AdvancedSiteSetup

~runyaga