[Zope-CMF] CMF-1.3-beta2: 2 Strange Behaviors

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 09:13:17 -0700

I'm experiencing two strange behaviors, one which seems to be
browser related and the other either CMF or Zope.

1. (browser?) - IE 5.2 [mac]

For some reason the page is not always refreshed when using forms.
It is not specific to any one form, but for example when adding a
new object.. you'll hit the 'add' button and the page will not be
refreshed - though the object has been created. If you hit 'add'
again, you get the 'already exists' error.

2. Portal Catalog - Zope 2.5.1/CMF 1.3 beta2

For some reason, I'm reviewing items in the catalog [ Catalog
tab ], and the Type [meta_type] column shows merely 'CMF Catalog'
for all items. However, when you review an individual item in the
catalog, it's Type [meta_type] is properly displayed.

There seems to be no impact on tools like searchResults(), but it
really looks strange when examining the catalog. It persists
through repeated re-starts of the server as well.

Anyone have ideas on either one? I'm not too worried about number
one as all testing indicates it it limited to the browser, and I'm
normally use Mozilla. However, as IE is the predominant browser, it
might be an issue for general distribution.

The catalog one is just plain weird.

~C

Carl E. Rendell
Solution43
Information Distribution Consulting        |   "Ahhhh the power of
cer@sol43.com                              |    acquisition"  - Chef Z