[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.3 Release in ... next weeks?

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 16:03:11 -0500

the only thing that I can think of that Plone needs to be in the release
is the change to the FSPropertiesObject and the __init__.py in the
Extensions folder.

> (Not in 1.3): The CMFDefault portal setup will sniff for the
> ExternalEditor product, and add actions for it if present.  CMF plus EE
> **rocks**!

that kicks so much ass.

> > QUESTION: what will serve at the basis for CMF1.3 ?  CMF HEAD? or
> > CMF-1.3_beta2 branch ?
>
> The branch (the only differences between the two should be "non-1.3"
> features added on the head;  to date, I can't think of much).

will CachePolicyManager be included in the CMFCore 1.3 tarball?  even if its
not 'enabled' ?
This tool may help get rid of the HTTP header stuff we have in our .css and
.js to guarantee
appropriate cache headers are created.

> > NOTE: some Plone users are reporting massive leaking.  When they
upgraded to
> > Zope2.6alpha1 the leakage went away.
>
> The calendar display uses sessioning by default, which is one likely
> prospect for increased memory usage (not really a leak, but alarming
> nonetheless).

what calendar display?  the CMFDefault one?  Plone is not using SESSIONS.
Its probably
the security fix that matt put in Zope CVS.