[Zope-CMF] Cannot find default view for CMF object...

Eugene von Niederhausern evonnied@l4sb.com
31 May 2002 21:26:53 -0500

Is your category class derived from PortalContent or another CMF Content
class? I created something similar to this---a multi-page article. Where
I have the article based on PortalContent,DefaultDublinCoreImpl and then
pages (based on Document) contained with in the article. I am not sure
if I did it right (it works though see http://www.l4sb.com). I defined
and fti for the article pages that defined a view action and I put this
method in the article page (found it somewhere):

def __call__(self):
        """ default view """
        view = self.restrictedTraverse('portalarticle_view')
        if getattr(aq_base(view),'isDocTemp',0):
            return apply(view,(self,self.REQUEST))
        else:
            return view()

I can send you code I have for the multi-page article if you want it.

regards,

Eugene