[Zope-CMF] Programmatically manipulating actions on a TypeInfo object

David (Hamish) Harvey david.harvey@bristol.ac.uk
Mon, 03 Jun 2002 12:35:19 +0100

--On Saturday, June 01, 2002 17:49:39 +0000 Florent Guillaume
<fg@nuxeo.com> wrote:

> alan runyan <runyaga@runyaga.com> wrote:
>> portal_type[object.getTypeInfo().getId()]._actions is different from
>> portal_membership._actions in quite a few ways.  I believe we should
>> reconcile these differences.  I think I could do it.  any reason we
>> shouldnt have actions acting the same way throughout the entire
>> system?
>
> Appart from the fact that legacy code using it will fail (but it's not
> a public API so it shouldn't matter), no.
>
> So you have my vote :-)

Thanks for the pointer Alan, I got it working. I would say that the
problems that changing this would create (for people like me who are using
non-public parts of the code) are far outweighed by future saved confusion,
and you guys not having to answer my question over and over for different
people!

My vote too, fwiw, and I look forward to my code breaking :-)

Hamish