[Zope-CMF] Publishable Folder....

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Wed, 05 Jun 2002 15:02:10 +0300

Hi all,

I was just wondering why in the first place the Portal Folder-product is
not workflow like, meaning there is no way to publish or keep Folders
private - for example until all the content is ready inside the Folder.

If pne would like to do thiskind of behaviour - meaning workflow aware
folder, what would it need? Only to create manage_afterAdd and
manage_beforeDelete like in the CMF Article( see below)?

-huima

#
# Workflow interaction
#

     security.declarePrivate('manage_afterAdd')
     def manage_afterAdd(self, item, container):
         " Add self to the workflow and catalog. "
         # Recurse in the children (ObjectManager)
         PortalFolder.manage_afterAdd(self, item, container)
         # Add self to workflow and catalog
         PortalContent.manage_afterAdd(self, item, container)
         # remember to move the initial sorting here

     security.declarePrivate('manage_beforeDelete')
     def manage_beforeDelete(self, item, container):
         " Remove self from the workflow and catalog. "
         # We don't call PortalContent.manage_beforeDelete because
         #  it deals with talkbacks which are subobjects...
         # Remove self from catalog
         if aq_base(container) is not aq_base(self):
             self.unindexObject()
         # Then recurse in the children (ObjectManager)
         PortalFolder.manage_beforeDelete(self, item, container)