[Zope-CMF] Q: CMF, Plone for a new Intranet

Simon Brun simon@tac.ch
Wed, 05 Jun 2002 18:27:36 +0200

hi all

I have to develop a new intranet homepage for our company. In this intranet
you'll find stuff like documentations, presentations, guidelines, meeting
protocols, etc. At the moment, every user have to use the Zope Management Screen
to upload his stuff. Our 27 workers don't know how to use zope and they wack
out!

We decided now to enhance / redesign this intranet homepage by continuing the
usage of Zope. When I was searching for products and documentations I found CMF
and Plone. I installed the products and played around a couple of hours. It is
very, very hard - at least for me - to get in and understand all the stuff...

Now my questions:
- Does it make sense to use Plone for this type of Intranet?
- Every worker should upload his documents in the matching directory (there is
no reviewer). Does this need a lot of scripting?
- Where can I find a good documentation (like "get started with CMF and plone")?

Not sure if I'm too less experienced or too stupid for this stuff, but I'm
really stuck!

Hope to get some inputs...

regards
simon

addr://Rathausgasse 31, CH-5001 Aarau  fon://++41 62 823 9355
http://www.terreActive.com             fax://++41 62 823 9356
mail://simon@terreActive.ch	       mob://++41 76 585 0706
terreActive AG           the architects for secure e-commerce