[Zope-CMF] CMF upgrade questions

Steve Arnold sarnold@arnolds.dhs.org
05 Jun 2002 14:46:02 -0700

Howdy:

Could I get some feedback on upgrading an existing CMF install?  I have
some existing basic content (no problem there), some squishdot forums,
and a slightly-populated CMF 1.2 portal instance, mostly done under Zope
2.3.3.  I have some questions:

I just upgraded Zope to 2.4.3, which should support the latest CMF stuff
out of CVS, correct?

For the squishdot upgrade (1.3.0 -> 1.4.1), I had to run a specific
update script, which updated the existing content in my squishdot sites,
re-indexed, etc.  Is there anything like that for a CMF 1.2 -> 1.3b/CVS
upgrade?

Other than backing up my current Products directory, is there anything
else I need to do to accomplish the above upgrade?  Will my existing CMF
site migrate over? (the older one I'm going to nuke anyway)  I have
about 3-40 members in the one I want to keep, so I'd rather not have to
start from scratch.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Steve