[Zope-CMF] RE: Help- cmf version problem

David (Hamish) Harvey david.harvey@bristol.ac.uk
Fri, 07 Jun 2002 15:55:17 +0100

--On Friday, June 07, 2002 08:18:58 -0700 "Kelley, Sean"
<SKelley@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us> wrote:

> Thanks for the info.  This is very helpful.  If I go with user names
> including space or not, is there a way to change them (rename the users)
> in the future without having to recreate the user and have all of their
> stuff out there without an owner and without loosing associated rights?
> The only other thing I can see doing is creating another field in the user
> login to store 'real name' and then just displaying that, through
> customization of skins, everywhere instead of the 'username'

Don't know on the first point. I think not - although you presumably could
create a script which found every object with the old username as owner and
updated them.

Having a separate real name is what the Plone guys have done.

Hamish