[Zope-CMF] Folder names starting with underscores on LocalFS ?

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
14 Jun 2002 09:15:21 -0400

On Fri, 2002-06-14 at 08:00, Cravoisier Thierry wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Zope 2.5
> cmf 1.2
>
> I use LocalFS on my file system, but unfortunately some of my folder
> names start with an underscore.
> It is a reserved keyword in Zope, and therefore browsing the filesystem
> does not allow me to see these folders.

Zope2 does not expose objects whose IDs begin with '_' to the web as an
explicit part of its security policy.  Zope3 changes this policy, but is
in too early a state to be used in production.

> Any workaround ?

A couple:

  - Create symlinks, e.g., for '_somedirname' symlink it as
    'z_somedirname' or 'somedirname'.

  - Patch the traverser in LocalFS to handle the escaping itself, e.g.
    for a URL 'http://example.com/localfs/somedirname' it could try
    'somedirname' first and then try '_somedirname' if that fails.