[Zope-CMF] How can EASILY add a new custom content Type?

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 09:53:11 -0700

Paolo,

All the tools are their for you to add a new custom type, but
you'll have to decide if the process is 'easy' or not. There are
many how-to's on the subjects on zope.org and zopelabs.com. Here is
one perspective.

There are a few ways to go about it adding a new custom Type
(product in zope speak).

o Build a product from a ZClass

ZCLass based products are all created using the management
interface, and some would say this is easier. You can start with
looking at how-to's for ZClass products on zope.org. For example -

   http://www.zope.org/Members/kedai/BuildSimpleZClass

If you do go the ZClass route.. Note you'll need to use a
work-around for the add method when using CMF1.3 -

http://cmf.zope.org/Members/tseaver/how_tos/faq_howto/talkback/1013363771

o Build a product using Python

You can start by looking at the boring product how-to

   http://www.zope.org/Members/gtk/Boring/HowTo-Boring

I would also suggest that you download some of the CMF products
that are out there, and use them as guide. CMFEmployment for
example.

That should get you started.

~C

On Friday, June 14, 2002, at 09:00  AM, zope-cmf-request@zope.org wrote:

> Message: 7
> From: Paolo Quaglia <paolo.quaglia@intesys.it>
> To: zope-cmf@zope.org
> Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:18:00 +0200
> Subject: [Zope-CMF] How can EASILY add a new custom content Type?
>
> Hi to all
> I'm a new user of CMF 1.3
> I would like to know how can I Add a new content type or How can I
> modify an
> existing.
> In particolar Is there some administration tool t define the
> structure of a
> content:
> for example to specify that the news is composed of these fields:
> - date
> - title
> - abstract
> - txt
> - author
>
> etc...
>
> I have seen some other content management system and, in these
> products,
> there are some gool administration interface to do this task.
>
> There is any kind of this tool in Zope?
>
> Thanks very much
> Paolo

Carl E. Rendell
Solution43
Information Distribution Consulting        |   "Ahhhh the power of
cer@sol43.com                              |    acquisition"  - Chef Z