[Zope-CMF] portal_catalog fails to update

Kevin Carlson khcarlso@bellsouth.net
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 00:00:04 -0400

For some reason, the portal_catalog is failing to update indexes and
metadata that were previously working fine.  When I add a new document
(Portal File) in a script I am calling the following functions:

   typesTool.constructContent(docType, homeFolder, ts)
   newDoc = homeFolder[ts]

   ##########################
   # process metadata on form
   newDoc.editMetadata( title=docTitle
                        , description=desc
                        , subject=subject
                        , contributors=contributor
                        , effective_date=effectiveDate.strftime("%Y/%m/%d")
                        )

   # create plainText property and populate
   newDoc.manage_addProperty('pt', pt, 'text')
   newDoc.manage_addProperty('hpt', hpt, 'boolean')
   newDoc.manage_addProperty('flag', flag, 'boolean')

   ####################
   # handle file upload
   newDoc.edit(file=filename)

Previously, the newly created objects were being added correctly and the
catalog was being updated properly.  The properties (pt, hpt, and flag) are
not being updated in the catalog (there are indexes for each) even though
the properties exist in the document.  If I use the Update Catalog utility
on the Advanced Tab of the portal_catalog tool, the indexes and metadata are
properly updated.

Does anyone know why this would happen?

Thanks,

Kevin